What is it called in different languages?
English: Indian beech/ pongam
About kanuga: The botanical name of kanuga is Pongamia pinnata. It belongs to the Fabaceae family. Kanuga is a medicinal herb that has its use mainly in treating skin disorders. All the parts of kanuga are used for medicinal purposes. It has anti-inflammatory activity. The leaves of kanuga tree are a rich source of anti-oxidants.
– Treats constipation
– Improves your appetite
– Prevents osteoarthritis
– Treats cough and cold
– Cures urinary disorders
– Treats diabetes
– Heals wounds
– Relieves inflammation, diarrhea
– Reduces abscess and eczema
– Kanuga oil is used as biodiesel
– Kanuga has its use in the medicinal field in numerous ways
– It has therapeutic use to cure skin diseases (bloodletting therapy)
– You can make health drink –https://youtu.be/I4lHR_XjoBc
– Can make a paste of the leaves and apply to the infected areas
** Please take your doctor’s opinion in case you are consuming it.