What is it called in different languages?
Hindi: lungrun ki sabzi
English: fiddle head
Assamese: dhekia xaaak
About lingdi/ fiddleheads: Fiddleheads are young, tightly curled new growth shoots of fern family, the scientific name of fiddlehead is Matteuccia struthiopteris. Ostrich variety is the most popular one and edible. Fiddleheads are a rich source of vitamin A, C, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, omega- 6 essential fatty acids and also contains trace amounts of niacin, riboflavin, and thiamine.
** Not all types of fiddlehead ferns are edible, only expert native harvesters could identify safe and edible ostrich ferns. So, proper care should be taken before choosing the fern.
– Aids weight loss
– Fights against infections
– Regulates blood pressure levels
– Helps in the production of red blood cells
– Protects your eye health
– You can make curry –https://youtu.be/Rdt-rcvG7yg
– Can make pickle –https://youtu.be/2fquN6gNJoU
– You can make fry –https://youtu.be/jGsLHoTjpUk
– Can make soup –https://youtu.be/gSQbHSUqfhg
– You can make stir fry –https://youtu.be/wA-iqide_G0