WHAT IS IT CALLED IN OTHER LANGUAGES?
English: Sorrel leaves or Mesta
Oriya: Kata Palanga
ABOUT GONGURA: Gongura is widely consumed in India. Gongura plant has its use for medicinal purposes. These leaves offer a mild green and tangy flavor. This leafy vegetable is an excellent source of folate, riboflavin, iron, zinc, antioxidants, and vitamins A, B6 and C. Pachadi made with Gongura is a very popular dish in Andhra and Telangana.
– Including this in your diet regularly, helps in improving your digestion
– It prevents cancer, inflammation, urinary tract infection and hypertension
– Consuming it on a regular basis strengthens your body immunity
– It reduces breast milk flow (for those who want to stop breastfeeding)
– This is great for eyes as it is rich in vitamin A
– For me personally, it helps in regulating my periods.
– The seeds and stems of gongura plant find use in pharma and industrial applications
– Used in making chutney –https://youtu.be/r83fbJANzEc
– People use it in making dal –https://youtu.be/geG2V2A_jsM
– Used in making gongura powder –https://youtu.be/mdU9BFsMgnE
– Used in making pulihora –https://youtu.be/cbShjJ6liXQ
– If you are someone who loves non-vegetarian then you should definitely try Gongura cooked either with chicken or lamb.