What is it called in different languages?
Telugu: pindi aaku
Hindi: bannalia/ bijband
About knotgrass: The other common names of knotgrass is bird grass, door-weed, goose grass. It belongs to buckwheat family Polygonaceae. The botanical name is Polygonum aviculare. Knotgrass contains antimicrobial and polyphenol compounds. It has bitter -astringent taste. It is a rich source of flavonoids, kaempferol, myricitrin, quercetin, avicularin, mucilage, tannic-acid.
– Treats cancer
– Protects respiratory health
– Improves heart health
– Treats gingivitis
– Good source of antioxidants
– Fights against kidney stones
– Prevents chronic diseases
– Kills bacteria, worms and virus
– They can be consumed raw or cooked
– Can make curry –https://www.quickandtastyfood.com/knotgrass-madimak/