What is it called in different languages?
Bengali: bhela/ behlatuki
English: marking nut
Tamil: erimugi/ senkottai
About marking nut: The scientific name of marking nut is Semecarpus anacardium. The other common names are phobi nut, varnish nut, malacca bean. It’s a medicinal plant and is native to India. Marking nut belongs to Anacaardiaceae family. It has a bitter, acrid taste.
** The shell around the seed contains irritant substance and extreme consumption of marking nut might induce abortion. People with excess bile, pregnant women, kids should not use it.
– Can cure cancer
– Treats atherosclerosis
– Lowers blood sugar levels
– An effective remedy for leukoderma
– Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent
– Improves digestive health
– Good aphrodisiac
– Prevents premature graying of hair
– It’s mostly used in external applications –https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semecarpus_anacardium#:~:text=Semecarpus%20anacardium%20was%20called%20the,refer%20to%20the%20plant’s%20fruit.