What is it called in different languages?
English: purple yam
Tamil: rasavalli/ irasavalli
About purple yam: The scientific name of purple yam is dioscorea alata. Purple yam has other common names such as water yam, violet yam, ube. It is originated from South Asia. Purple yam has a sweet nutty flavor. It is a rich source of fiber, vitamin A, C, potassium, sodium, calcium, iron. Purple yam is also a powerful source of antioxidants.
– Prevents colon, lung cancers
– Manages blood sugar levels
– Lowers blood pressure levels
– Promotes gut health
– May improve brain function
– You can make tikki –https://youtu.be/Nggm19joM9w
– Can make a sandwich –https://youtu.be/XV5qxoVlyGc
– You can make curry –https://youtu.be/kwdhN8Vyvwg
– Can make chat –https://youtu.be/UIVeSpfAkLQ